Friday, March 17, 2006

 

"Mass" production


For some reason, I am really going through a phase where I really dig sewing the same patterns over and over again...I really feel like this is the way to achieve "vertical" as opposed to "horizontal" growth in your skills. Much like a musician would play a piece over and over again rather than go from piece to piece in order to gain dexterity. I feel like I'm learning a little bit more every time I sew those totes, and now that I've mastered the proportions for what I considered to be an ideal tote for this kind of fabric, I would often make quite a few.

I've put one of them up on etsy, although I'm secretly hoping that it won't sell, so that I'll have more to give away to friends.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?